Thursday, October 11, 2012


C3.
                Getting a swimming pool was one of the best things to have ever happened to me. I like having a pool for a lot of reasons. First of all really like to swim. I have swum for the school’s swimming team in the past and spend most of my time swimming in the summer. It is normally warm enough to swim in from early June to mid- September.  My favorite thing to do in the summer is to blast the radio and go swimming. Sometimes I get in at ten o’clock in the morning and stay out there until three o’clock in the afternoon. There have been days where I’ve stayed out there for longer than that. I also like to have my friends come over to swim. A lot of the time they just show up at my house to go swimming without even asking. Most of the time I’m in the pool anyway, so it doesn’t matter. We almost killed Matt Myzka on several occasions while playing chicken. When they sleep over we normally go midnight swimming. One time when we did this we were too loud and my neighbors called my parents. My mom and dad didn’t let me have a sleepover for weeks after that. It’s also great for after football practices when I’m hot and tired. This year we had four hour practices. Every day after football I would go swimming for at least an hour. I am always the one who has to take care of the pool. I have to vacuum it, keep the leaves out, empty the skimmers and replace the bromine. For all of the fun it brings me it is worth the work. I hate having to close it for the winter in late October because I have to wait for seven months until I can go swimming again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment