Wednesday, April 24, 2013

P1.
                I don’t think I watch more or less television than the average person. I watch the most TV when I get home from school. On most days I come home at around 4:30 or 5:00, sit down, turn on the TV and start my homework. I don’t pay much attention to the TV when I do my homework though. It’s really just on to break the silence. After I finish my homework, I watch Comedy Central for a while. On weekdays they always play It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Futurama, South Park, The Daily Show, and The Colbert Report. My favorite shows they play are definitely The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. It’s hard to tell which one is better. The correspondents on The Daily Show are quite funny, but I like the persona of a bigoted ultra-conservative that Stephen Colbert has fabricated. My favorite episode of The Daily Show was the one where Jon Stewart told Bill O’Reilly to go do something that cannot be mentioned in this blog, with the backup of an entire choir.
                On an average day, I would say that I watch about three to four hours of television. This is not very surprising, given the fact that there are six televisions in my house. There is one in my basement, one in my living room, one in my other living room, and one in each of the three bedrooms. Three of the six TVs are flat screens. We recently upgraded from those old box TVs. The day we switched TVs, I discovered what I was really missing. The picture on the new ones is so much better.
                Some positives associated with watching TV are that it is a good way to gain new information and it is a good way to relax. Also, if you watch enough of The History Channel, you will be an excellent haggler. There are often more negatives associated with watching TV. One of those is that if you watch it too much, you may be distracted from schoolwork or your social life. Also, watching shows like Honey Boo Boo will probably kill most of your brain cells. I saw one episode and instantly felt stupider.

No comments:

Post a Comment