Thursday, April 18, 2013


O2.
I agree with this article completely. Going to college really is one of the best investments a person can make. More and more jobs are requiring a higher education, and even if it isn’t mandatory, it still could be the difference between getting the job and being turned down.
As far as college educations go, my family is pretty divided. My mother did not attend, while my father went to a two year trade school. Like my mom, my sister, Sarah, did not go to college. However, my other sister, Maggie, will be graduating from Niagara University this May. She went to school to become a teacher. As for my brother, he plans on going to college right after he graduates from high school.
So what will I do? I think that when I graduate, I will also go to college. I want to go because it will help me get a well-paying job. Also, my grandma really wants me to go. If there’s anything you should know about my family it is that my grandma has leverage over almost everything. If Gramma wants something to happen, it’s going to happen. That’s fine with me though because a college education is something I’ve always wanted to pursue.  Yet I have not decided what I would like to go for. I am thinking about going for something related to engineering, but I also find foreign affairs interesting. I’m not thinking about being an ambassador or anything. I would try to be something like a foreign affairs analyst. I have even less of an idea about where I would like to go to school. From what my sister tells me, Niagara University is pretty nice, but I don’t know what they offer. I never thought I’d say it, but I’m glad I’m only a freshman, because I have a lot of thinking to do about my future.     

No comments:

Post a Comment