Thursday, March 28, 2013


N5.
                It has come to my attention that Ben Hoy has accused me of being a liar and a fraud in one of his recent blogs. Ben said that I offered to give him my pen after the Canisius field trip and at the last moment pulled it away and said “just kidding”. THAT is not what happened… at least not exactly. Here’s how it really happened:
                It was cloudy day, there was a little snow on the ground, and if I recall correctly, it was quite chilly outside. I was sitting on the bus next to Ben as we headed back to the school. On our way back we stopped at McDonald’s. It was there that I noticed that Ben was looking quite bummed out. I soon discovered that he was upset because he lost his souvenir pen, so, like the good person I am, I offered to give him mine. This was a sincere offer that Ben declined. He did so by saying that my pen was ugly and that it would be below him to accept such a stupid looking pen. I was extremely offended by his remark, but, I kept my composure. When we got back to the school I got off of the bus, turned to Ben and said “I’m still going to write about this for my Act of Kindness blog.”
                Now, I know I’m no saint. Sure I sometimes forget to flush after using the toilet and every once in a while I put my nephew’s toys where he can’t reach them because it’s funny to watch him get frustrated, but don’t we all. I will admit that I am guilty of that, but “detective” Ben Hoy, “Alden’s Private eye”, as he refers to himself, is guilty of something much more serious; racial profiling. In his blog Ben said “Also his name is Hussein. How suspicious is that?” What? I must be a bad guy because he thinks my middle name is Hussein? It looks like we’ve got a crooked cop in our mitts. In fact, the legitimacy of his whole one man crime solving operation is questionable. The other day I asked to see his badge, but it was nowhere to be found. Why couldn’t he find it? Because it doesn’t exist.
                This, Ben AbuakkabarmohammadFareedZakaria Hoy, is not over yet, not by a long shot. I will have my revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment