Thursday, March 28, 2013


N2.
As far as the topic of Google Glasses goes, I could care less about them. They seem pretty cool, but I wouldn’t ever use them. It seems like they would get in the way more than they actually help. I wear regular glasses which can get really annoying, and I actually need them. Unlike my regular glasses, Google Glasses are unnecessary. When I read about them online, the article advertised that you can instantly record something just by saying a simple command. This will almost never help me. Sure, if something totally amazing happened I could catch it on camera, but I would probably never watch it again. Another problem I have with them is that they are expensive. Apparently the first models to come to stores will be sold for $1500. I don’t have that much money, and even if I did I’d spend it on something more useful. Even though I’ll never buy a pair, some of the features are kind of cool and innovative. One feature that I like is the voice command. If you want to know something all you have to do is ask your glasses. I never thought that might be a way to find things out. It is also cool that Google Glasses can translate other languages for you. So if you are in another country and a local person talks to you in a different language, you’ll know what he or she is saying. But how do you talk back to them if they don’t have Google Glasses? That seems like a big flaw in the idea of having a translation feature, but it is still cool. All in all they are interesting, but I can’t imagine myself wearing Google Glasses in the future. It just seems like I have too many other devices that do the same things and cost less.

No comments:

Post a Comment