Thursday, November 15, 2012


E2.
                My favorite music genre is rock. What I like about it is its diversity. There are all kinds of forms of rock such as classic, metal, acid, alternative and punk. Most bands have their own style and sound. Some other genres are not as diverse. To me all country music sounds exactly the same. The singers have the same voices and they sing about the same things, which normally involve a tractor. This is why I can’t stand listening to it for more than five minutes. With Rock, however, if you compare a band like Santana to a band like The White Stripes, you will find that they are both very different in the style and influences of their music.
                Some of my favorite bands include The Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beastie Boys, Tom Petty, Jack White and Pink Floyd. One of my favorite songs by The Red Hot Chili Peppers is “Can’t Stop” and Jack White’s new album Blunderbuss is one of his best albums in years. What I like about the Beastie Boys is that their lyrics are smart and funny, like in “Paul Revere” and “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”. Tom Petty may be the ugliest man alive, but what he lacks in his looks, he makes up for in his music. My favorite song of his is “Mary Jane’s Last Dance”.  As for Pink Floyd, their music is sometimes weird. Their songs incorporated strange techniques and have a darker vibe to them, which is why I like them. One of their greatest songs, I think, is “Dogs” on their album, Animals. I also like The Dark Side of The Moon, but there are definitely better Pink Floyd Albums. Rock n’ Roll is the best genre of music and there is nothing you could say to make me change my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment