Sunday, November 11, 2012


E2.
                Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, behind Christmas and New Years’. My family doesn’t really have any specific traditions for the holiday, but this is how the day will usually unfold. Every thanksgiving morning we all sleep in and watch TV. They always play the best TV shows on Thanksgiving. The one exception might be the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I wouldn’t watch it if you paid me, it’s just terrible. Spike sometimes plays Band of Brothers, which is a great show. At around two o’clock my mom starts to prepare for dinner. She is responsible for making the squash, apple pie, and mashed potatoes to bring to my grandparents’ house. We always go to my grandparents’ house at five o’clock. When we get there we watch the football game and wait for everybody else to arrive. In total there are about nine people who come, me, my parents, my two older sisters, my uncle and of course my grandma and grandpa. My uncle, for reasons unknown to me, is always an hour and a half late. It’s a personal tradition of my brother to make fun of my uncle on holidays, and for some reason he is especially mean on thanksgiving. One year he almost made him cry. His face got bright red as he went into the other room. I thought he had taken it too far, but my mom and grandpa were laughing. Anyway, once my uncle does show up we all sit down to eat. For dinner we always have turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, squash and cranberry sauce. For dessert there is apple pie, pumpkin pie and birthday cake. We always celebrate my mom’s birthday on Thanksgiving. I like pumpkin pie the most. After dinner my mom opens her birthday presents. That’s pretty much how thanksgiving goes for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment