Tuesday, January 1, 2013


H3.
                For this blog I will not write about how I would change the world, not because I cannot handle it, but because I don’t know what I would do. The world that we live in is far too complex for me to know exactly what to change and how I would do it. Instead, I will wright a choice blog.
                A couple months ago I saw Red Dawn for the first time. It was the 1984 version with Patrick Swayze. For the past couple of years my uncle had been trying to convince me to watch it, saying that it is a “great” movie. Finally I gave in and saw it. It was not a great movie; in fact it was one of the worst movies I’ve seen in quite some time. The whole premise of it was kind of stupid. I get that it was made in the height of the Cold War and many people feared war with the Soviet Union, but I don’t understand why the Russian army would send paratroopers to attack a high school that is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. When you think of Colorado, what do you think of? Wait… let me rephrase that. When you think of Colorado in 1984 what do you think of? Not much comes to mind when I think of it. There is no major strategic value of invading Colorado. Aside from that, there were what, less than 10 kids who managed to flee to the woods? What are the chances of that group, made up of inexperienced teenagers who were led by one guy who actually knows what he’s doing, infiltrating an enemy stronghold and causing significant damage with minimal loss of life? According to the writers of the movie, they had a good chance of doing so, but according to logic, reasoning and the fact that they were up against the well trained Soviets, they most likely wouldn’t have stood a chance. I haven’t seen the new version yet, but it looks just awful. Come on, Josh Peck is in it, the fact that he was Josh from the show Drake and Josh lowers his street credit quite a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment